When it comes to your retirement, a new year is a great time to review your finances and, of course with, your retirement plan consultants. Many things have changed in 2016 with the promise of many more changes to come. But how do you plan for your dream retirement? Who should manage your funds? What fears do you still have about retirement?
As we move into 2017, retirement fears from those who are newly retired or about to retire haven’t changed much over the years. According to a recent survey conducted by the Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies (TCRS), here are the top three:
- Outliving their money (reported by 51 percent of survey respondents)
- Social Security being reduced or eliminated (47 percent)
- Declining health that requires long-term care (45 percent)
“[For] Baby Boomers closest to retirement, it’s natural to feel unsure about how to protect your future when faced with the possibility of policy changes [under an incoming Trump administration]. While you shouldn’t overreact, the old wisdom to ‘stay the course’ may not hold true in every situation,” said Robert Steen, director of retirement advice for USAA.
As a result, we thought it would be the best time to introduce a better approach to achieving your retirement goals. We know this approach isn’t for every client, but we also know you should do yourself a favor and make sure your money is with someone you trust.
Secure Money Advisors focuses on three basic principles for our clients:
- Principal Protection: It’s your retirement, it’s your money. You shouldn’t gamble with your future. We believe in offering safe investment alternatives to give you the peace of mind you deserve.
- Tailored Approach: Our team of experts will work with you to develop a holistic approach to retirement planning that is carefully formed to suit your unique financial needs. If we’re a fit, welcome to the family! If not, we part ways as friends. It’s that easy!
- Simple: Retirement planning shouldn’t be confusing. We’ll provide you a simple and easy to understand plan giving you peace of mind and the clarity you need to enjoy the retirement you deserve.
We think about retirement differently. We believe in world class service that allows you to focus on the things you love and leave the heavy lifting to us. It’s time to start doing the things you love! To learn more, schedule a meeting with us or give us a call at 724-382-1298.